Thursday, October 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

 

 
 This card was made for the October 2012 PaperTrey Blog Hop where we had to choose between some non-traditional color schemes for a Xmas card. I chose to play with this color scheme:
 

I took out the Train Tracks stamp set and paper pieced them.  It was tricy for me since I am not used to this technique. I used some white glossy accents for the clouds. I also added some Pink Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink on the gifts and added some glitter on the wheels.
Close  up of the gifts, clouds and wheels




Close up of the pop-up presents
Supplies:
Cardstock: DCWV The Recycled Stack - Green Woodland Collection, Martha Stewart paper
Stamps : PaperTrey Ink Train Stacks set, Hampton Art
Accessories: Stickles, White glossy accents, Pop dots, black marker


Challenges:

PaperTrey Oct 2012 Challenge Blog Hop - Non-traditional color scheme
Create with DCWV and Win - Use DCWV products
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 31 - Christmas
DL.Art Thursday Challenge - Any holiday from October to the end of the year Nov 8
ABC Christmas Challenge - U for Up to You - Midway Reminder Oct 29
Lady Anne's Challenges - Anything goes
 

14 comments:

Marybeth said...

Really cute and I love all the hand cut details to your sweet train card. I love the white GA Jen! Love it!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So adorable! Love the idea of a Christmas train with presents.

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute and sweet what a fun card and CAS to boot I just love IT!!!!
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Nancy Penir said...

Darling detailing. Especially the clouds and wheels. OK, love the presents too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the Polar Express.

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

This is such a magical card, and that stamp is adorable...
Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
cardsbyladyanne

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is adorable! I love the dimension you added! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today as part of the LYB and Xyron blog hop. It's always nice to see a new name. :)

Sharon said...

Love your non traditional Christmas Colors they made a great card. Thanks for joining us at Lady Anne's Challenge.

HappyCrafter said...

This is adorable! I really like how you popped up the gifts in a contrasting colour, it really stands out nicely.

Mary J said...

Hello Jennyfer! Back from hols and browsing all of your gorgeous makes while I've been away! This one is amazing - the presents and touches of glitter are beautifully done!

Zw@@n said...

Hi Jennyfer, this is a very cute card! I love the colours and the accents. Thank you for playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma

Anke said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons and good luck
hugs Anke

Ellis said...

Wonderful christmas card, I like the little train! =)
Hugs, Elenor

cebelica said...

Ooooh, this is such a wonderful card! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons this week! :) Hugs! xx

P.S. I have a small candy on my blog in case you want to try your luck. :)